WSTC Conference & Off-year Meeting History
2014, Bellingham Lakeway Inn & Conference Center: On the Trails of Change (10/16-18)
- Sarah Krueger, WSTC President; attendance: 300.
2013, Wenatchee Community Center: Washington State Trails Caucus (off-year meeting, 9/13/13)
- Sarah Krueger, WSTC President chaired the meeting; attendance 80
2012, Vancouver Hilton & Conference Center: Bridging Communities with Trails (10/25-28)
- Pete Beaupain, WSTC President; attendence: 200.
2011, Lacey Community Center Planning Session for 2012 Conference
- Pete Beaupain, WSTC President chaired the meeting; attendance: 40+
2010, La Quinta Inn and Suites, Tacoma: From Backyard to Backcountry and the Trails Between (10/22-23)
- Rick Hood, WSTC President; attendance: 194
2009, Joeseppi’s Italian Ristorante, Tacoma (10/22, planning session for the 2010 conference)
- Rick Hood, WSTC President chaired the meeting; attendance: 37
2008, Spokane Convention Center: Our State, Our Trails, Our Future (10/2-5)
- Elizabeth Lunney, President; attendance: 145 (35 speakers)
2007, Central Washington University, Ellensburg (10/25, planning session for the 2008 conference)
- Rick Hood, WSTC Vice President chaired the meeting; attendance: 48
2006, Yakima: Trails for Future Generations (11/3-4)
- Elizabeth Lunney, President; attendance: 237.
2005, Piecora’s Pizza, Seattle (planning session for the 2006 conference)
- Elizabeth Lunney, President; attendance: about 45.
2004, Snoqualmie Pass 2: When Consensus Works (10/8-9)
- John Keates, President; attendance: 70+
2003, Deception Pass: Lands of Opportunity (11/14-15)
- John Keates, President; Elizabeth Lunney, Conference Chair; attendance: 105+
2002, Redmond (11/7, as a track in the Washington Park and Recreation Association’s conference)
- Bob Vaux, President; Elizabeth Lunney, Conference Coordinator; attendance: 30+
2001, Vancouver: Healthy Trails, Healthy People (10/4-6)
- Bob Vaux, President; attendance: 100+
2000, Snoqualmie Pass #1: Building Partnerships for Today – Tomorrow (10/13-14)
- Cecilia Vogt, WSTC President; Jeri Krampetz, Conference Chair; attendance: 70+
1999, Yakima: WSTC Formation (4/20)
- A primary goal of the October 1998 state trails conference was realized when Trails Task Force
participants, in its fourth meeting, adopted bylaws and officially became the Washington State
b. Officers elected: President, Cec Vogt (Yakima Greenway Foundation); vice president, Pete Mayer
(Skagit County Parks); Recorder R. Burk (Northwest Motorcycle Association); Comptroller, Stan
Humann (Pacific Northwest Four-Wheel Drive Association); and honorary past president Greg
Lovelady (Interagency Committee for Outdoor Recreation).
1998, Richland: Building Trails For Today – Tomorrow (10/22-24)
- Greg Lovelady, Conference Chair; attendance: 150+