Candidates for President Elect are being Accepted
Send resumes of candidates for WSTC Board President Elect or Proposed Bylaw amendments to WSTC Board President at email@example.com.
November 9, 2015
9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Lacey Community Center
Join leaders from diverse trail communities in Lacey. This one-day gathering is the forum for our statewide network of trail advocates. Everyone with an interest in trails is welcomed – whether motorized, non-motorized, snow, asphalt, dirt, water, urban or backcountry!
Join the facilitated breakout sessions.
- Broadening Trails Constituency: conversations on health, economic impact, and transportation.
- Funding for Trails: conversations on trail costs, advocacy for funding, and sponsor & business development.
Staff from the Recreation and Conservation Office will provide a two-hour afternoon grant application “tune up” for folks to hone their skills and produce better applications that improve their chances of success.
Registration includes lunch!
Lacey Community Center, 6729 Pacific Avenue, map
9:00AM Open and coffee
9:10AM – 9:20AM Welcome
9:20AM – 9:30AM Introductions
9:30AM – 9:40AM Networking
9:45AM – 12:00PM Morning Session Panel and Breakout
- 45 min – Panel “Broadening Trails Constituency”
- Economic Impact
- 75 min – Breakout (World Cafe Style)
- Rotate through each breakout group with RCTA facilitated discussion on areas suggested: health, economic impact, transportation; RCTA will consolidate inputs to the WSTC board
12:00PM – 1:00PM Catered Lunch, Keynote Speaker, and Networking
1:00PM – 3:00PM Concurrent Afternoon Session RCO Application Tune Up Class
1:00PM – 3:30PM Concurrent Afternoon Session Panel and Breakout
- 60 min – Panel “Funding for Trails”
- Trail Costs
- Advocacy for Funding
- Sponsor and Business Development
- 90 min – (World Cafe Style)
- Rotate through each breakout group with RCTA facilitated discussion on areas suggested: trail costs, advocacy for funding, sponsor and business development, RCTA will consolidate inputs to the WSTC board
3:30PM – 3:45PM Caucus Closing Remarks
Success: WSTC’s 2014 Statewide Conference
Thank you to the 300+ individuals who participated in WSTC’s most dynamic state trails conference to date! The 2014 Washington State Trails Conference attracted consultants, agency staff from all sectors of governement, non-profit representatives, dedicated individuals and over 45 Youth Ambassadors – current students or trail crew members just starting their careers. Check out the pictures on Facebook or the #watrailsco stream on Twitter to get a taste of the conference.
WSTC Non-profit Status
After operating as a mission-driven and volunteer-managed organization since 1999, WSTC is now officially recognized as a charitable, tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization by the Internal Revenue Service. Learn more.